Lyfe Languages was successfully launched on the global stage on Sunday 9th August 2020, as part of the International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples. With the project now established...
Lyfe Languages Champions
The Lyfe Languages Champions program is a youth-oriented initiative that recruits active participants to support in the translation of complex medical terminology into a series of local Indigenous languages. By empowering young people to take part and become language champions, we will:
- Bridge generations and continue the flow of ancient knowledge from elders to youth.
- Bring families and communities together.
- Raise awareness by educating and empowering children about health care and the importance of their language and culture.
- Develop more culturally-appropriate healthcare resources.
- Implement a language-ready course for Indigenous health professionals to inspire the next generation to effectively communicate complex medical terminology and concepts.
- Promote individual development to help young people across Australia to connect with their Indigenous identity, culture and history.